Position: Assistant Production Manager
The role of Assistant Production Manager brings with it some of the following key responsibilities and deliverables:
- To establish and monitor overall plant performance by ensuring production targets and quality standards are achieved.
- To cost-effectively guide, coordinate and monitor the operations of the Hot End and Cold End, Batch, Furnace, Raw Material, Cullet Processing and the Quality Control functions of the Company.
- To assist and participate in the Planning process, inclusive but not limited to Training and Development, SKU scheduling and Preventative Maintenance.
- To understand, implement and enforce the HSE programs.
- To ensure GMP’s policies and procedures are adhered to by all employees.
- To assist and ensure audit performance and compliance for Quality, Safety, GMP, and Production Procedures.
- To act as a change agent (leader) to instill positive team efforts and embrace Continuous Improvement concepts to ensure workers understand and contribute towards achieving set goals and targets.
- To minimize machine downtime and production loss by systematically troubleshooting problems through Root Cause Analysis.
- To effectively ensure a safe working environment and that all shift personnel adhere to the Company’s/Department’s safety policies and procedures to minimize the risk of injury.
- To produce and submit production reports as required and make recommendation for reducing cost, improving quality, safety, productivity and efficiency.
To be both considered for and successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate the ability to delegate, set targets and monitor progress. You will also possess excellent communication skills and be able to motivate, coach and mentor your team(s). Central to CARIB Glassworks Limited’s success is its customer-centred focus and therefore you too must be aligned to this and be able to demonstrate your delivery to customer needs and requirements.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a recognised institution.
- A minimum of 5 years’ manufacturing experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite
How to apply: